We are pleased that you are visiting a website of Volkswagen Infotainment GmbH, Major-Hirst-Str. 11, 38442 Wolfsburg, Germany, registered in the Commercial Register of the Amtsgericht Braunschweig (Braunschweig District Court) under No. HRB 204780 ("Volkswagen Infotainment GmbH") and wish to thank you for your interest in our company and our products. The protection of your privacy is particularly important to us. This document explains how we collect, process, and use your data. This is in all cases done in conformity with the provisions of data protection law.
General Information, Protocol Data
You are in general able to visit the websites of Volkswagen Infotainment GmbH without telling us who you are. We will in this case receive only the following protocol data:
- an anonymous cookie ID from which your IP address cannot be deduced,
- the operating system and browser that you are using and your screen resolution setting,
- the date and time of your visit,
- which of our websites you visited, and
- the website you were on just before you visited us.
Collection, Processing, and Use of Your Personal Data
Your personal data includes information such as your name, address, phone number and email address.
Personal data shall be processed only if you transmit it to us willingly, e.g. for the purposes of initiating, specifying the content of or amending a contractual relationship between yourself and us, or registering for personalised services (legal basis: Art. 6 para. 1 (b) of the General Data Protection Regulation [GDPR]). The data will be stored until the contractual relationship has been fulfilled. Accounting-related content will be stored for ten years in accordance with legal obligations. Furthermore, your personal data will be processed only if you have previously consented to such use (legal basis: Art. 6 para. 1 (a) GDPR).
The checking of person-related data in case of the intention to hire comprises the following:
- Your personal data (name, first name, date of birth, address)
- Producing your (original) identity card or comparable identity-confirming document
- Producing your degrees (originals, especially the last or highest training. In exceptional cases, a certified copy can be issued). Producing a valid working permit can be required.
- Check concerning a possible entry prohibition (‘Werkverbot’) for the premises of the Volkswagen AG/Volkswagen Infotainment GmbH
- Check whether a prior employment at any of the premises of Volkswagen AG/Volkswagen Infotainment GmbH exists, restricted to the matter (and under compliance to valid data protection law) of whether you were implicated in a severe breach of rules and conduct or any breach of judicial and state legislation or any breach of corporate regulations. To this end, person-related data in the existing personnel file for the last three years, in the whistleblower system (restricted to Volkswagen Infotainment GmbH) and the Group Security’s security database will be used.
- Cross-check with a publicly accessible financial sanctions list according to EU-resolution 881/2002
In case of suspicious findings, the results will be discussed in a panel consisting of a representative from HR-compliance, the respective HR-team lead, the prospective team lead and the respective works council representative. The results of the panel discussion will be documented in the personnel file.
In case of external hirings of trainees, students in a practice setting, doctoral students, qualification programs and employees, the completed checklist will be stored in the personnel file for the purposes of fact-checking. It will remain there according to the deletion time regulations for relevant personnel information and data. A storage or processing of these data beyond the aforementioned will not take place.
The checklist for fact checking for non-hired external candidates will be deleted after six months, in all other cases after 10 years.
Supplying the data is prerequisite for a contract.
The internet pages make use of so-called cookies. Cookies do not harm your computer and do not contain viruses. The purpose of cookies is to render our offer user-friendlier, safer and more effective. Cookies are small text files that are deposited on your computer and are saved by your browser.
Most of the cookies we use are so-called “session cookies”. They are deleted upon conclusion of your visit. Other cookies remain saved on your device until you delete them. These cookies allow us to recognize your browser upon return to our sites. You can set your browser in such a way that your are informed about the placement of cookies. It is also possible to allow cookies on a case-by basis, to allow cookies under certain conditions or to generally disallow cookies altogether. It is also possible to have cookies deleted automatically upon closing your browser. Deactivating cookies can hamper the website’s functionality.
The site provider collects and stores data automatically in so-called server-log-files that your browser sends us automatically. These include:
- Browser type/browser version
- Operating system used
- Referer URL
- Hostname of the computer seeking access
- Hour of the server request
These data are not attributable to certain people. Merging these data with other sources on information is not performed. We retain the right to check these data afterwards, if concrete evidence for illegal use is apparent.
“Pseudonymisation” is the processing of t. Please see our personal data in such a way that the personal data can no longer be attributed to a specific person without the use of additional information, provided that this additional information is stored separately and is subject to technical and organisational measures which ensure that the personal data cannot be attributed to an identified or identifiable natural person.
The applicant portal is operated by the company d.vinci HR-Systems GmbH, on behalf of Volkswagen Infotainment. The data processed by this company is used to establish an employment contract with us at your request (legal basis: Section 26 para. 1 of the German Federal Data Protection Act [BDSG]). The data is erased no later than six months after a process to fill a position is completed.
You have the right at any time to information concerning the processing of your personal data and to rectification of, restriction of and erasure of that data. If you have provided us with data, you have the right to data transferability.
You may revoke any consent granted to us at any time. This will not affect the legality of any data processing which has already occurred.
You may lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection regulator (state officers for data protection in Lower Saxony).
You can contact the data protection officer of Volkswagen Infotainment GmbH at email@example.com or via the contact details provided in the site notice. You may also exercise your rights in relation to Volkswagen Infotainment GmbH at no cost.